top of page

How to correct errors on your 1099

If your 1099 has any inaccuracies, we will issue you a corrected 1099. Some of the most common cases in which you’d receive a corrected 1099 include:

a. You updated your social security number
Please take the time to review your 1099s to ensure all the information is accurate. If you find an error, read on to learn how you can work with our support team to get a corrected version. If you need a corrected 1099, you will generally be able to view it 1-2 weeks after the correction has been made.

b. Correcting your social security number
If the social security number on your 1099 is incorrect, please download a blank W-9 form from the IRS website, fill it out, then send the updated W-9 to our support team as soon as possible. Once you receive your corrected 1099, you can file your taxes using the new form.

c. Correcting a misspelled name
To update your name or correct the spelling, please send a request to our support team with the following:
A photograph of your valid, U.S. government-issued driver’s license or passport
A short letter telling us that you’d like your name changed. Sign the letter, then send us a scanned image or screenshot.
Once we receive your ID and letter, we’ll update your name in our system. Please note that you won’t receive a corrected 1099 showing the name change, but you can file your taxes properly with the existing 1099 in your account.

d. Correcting your trade history
If you believe there’s a discrepancy on your 1099, send a request to our support team with a screenshot of the error and a screenshot showing the correct trade from one of the following:
Account Statement
Account History
Trade Confirmation
If the error can be verified, our support team will fix the issue and send you a corrected 1099.

e. Where to find your corrected 1099

bottom of page